Development of a series of workshop “forums” delivered in person during a Q1 NSM for over 200 sales representatives.
The client’s business objectives were to:
- Provide the field with tools and processes for strategic account planning, as well as an opportunity to share and learn from each other
- Ensure that existing marketing resources were being utilized as a key part of all account plans
- Confirm that the field created strategic plans in Q1 that would be revisited throughout the year
Persuading sales leadership that devoting NSM time to a forum structure was a productive use of the field’s time.
Instead of a more typical “review and practice the marketing resource” NSM workshop design, Whole Systems re-envisioned them as a “forum,” deliberately not using the word workshop. Representatives identified a critical account as the focus of their planning efforts. Whole Systems provided an Account Strategy Guide and call planning tools to help capture the account plan information. Representatives attended a series of “forums” where they shared their own account plans and received feedback from the group, with time to refine their plans as well.
- Re-envisioning NSM/POA workshops as a “forum” resonated with experienced representatives, who appreciated the opportunity to hear how their peers were strategically approaching key accounts. The word “forum” is now embedded in this client’s Learning & Development culture and was pulled through 3 subsequent meetings.
- Providing an Account Strategy Guide was critical to helping representatives “structure” the account planning process.
- Strategic Account Planning must be implemented as an ongoing process before, during, and after live meetings, with pull-through and coaching occurring after the meetings as well.
To learn more, contact us today!